The world has changed and life is really stressful and strange for a lot of us right now. Firstly, we hope you are well and safe and are keeping connected in this time of self-isolation.
As we all move through this, we wanted to keep you updated as to how we’ve adapted to the unfolding situation:
- As an online business we are fully operational and taking orders via our website with no disruption to product availability.
- We pack tea and orders in an isolated room that is enclosed and separate from the main warehouse with enough space for social distancing.
- We are a true ‘small family business’ so orders are packed by the same three people every week. They are self-isolating at home outside of work and are in good health.
- All aspects of hygiene and food safety and handling continue to be implemented under the guidelines of the Department of Health.
- We’ve stepped up cleaning and sanitising practices in our workspace and are using hand sanitiser and personal protective gear.
- Outside of logistics, we manage all aspects of our business from home, so no major changes on that front.
The latest research suggests that Coronavirus can live on surfaces for some time: cardboard for 24 hours and plastic (tape for example) for 72 hours.
If you are concerned about this in regards to your tea delivery, we recommend the following:
- leave your delivered package for a few days before opening it
- open the postage box with gloves on
- wipe down the postage box with alcohol wipes and leave to dry before opening
The contents of your order would be safe to handle given the number of days in transit.
Thanks for your amazing support so far. We are grateful for each and every order and love what we do. We will continue to provide you with beautiful, fresh and healthy Australian green tea as we have done since 2012.